With a guarantee to get better, YHC, arrived a few mins early to ensure some specialized equipment had been delivered! S/O to @crossxgrain for his early morning efforts.
This workout was inspired after a Thursday morning conversation in which it was determined that the Camp Willis “Run day” needed to experience some “resistance!” So for 72 hours YHC thought through ways to keep Monday a Run Day while adding elements of strength and complexity to the routine. The following is the result of CSAUP thought that became the Q.
QIC: Bo Schembechler
PAX: Ball Bearing, Crossgrain, Bootleg (Respect), Brain (hate), Mariah, Mogul, Rash, Dimon, FNG(Peaches), Grovetucky, and Hack!
Arrived to meet the FNG hailing from Georgia and now part of THE Ohio State Buckeye Squad. A Saturday EH at the Kenny Chesney Concert by @mogul, keep em coming big dawg. A disclaimer was given in which, YHC, did not give the mission statement of F3… So here it is:
“Our mission is to plant, grow and serve small workout groups of men for the invigoration of male community leadership.”
Mosey to tennis Courts: COP
SSH ic X30
Imperial Walkers ic X25
Good Mornings ic X15
Straight Leg Cotton Pickers ic X15
SunGods (fwd, bkw, overhead claps) icX15
Mosey to track for a Race: First to finish to last to finish hold plank, Rt & Lft Side Raises while waiting on 6.
In order of completion we paired off in two’s. To keep fitness levels nearly equal for laps: no man goes alone!
Station 1: 10 (250+lb) Tire Flips followed by Mosey to where ever station 2 may be.
Station 2: 50 Fwd, 50 bwd steps carrying 2 (45lb) Water Jugs followed by Mosey to Station 3
Station 3: Twin Bertha’s (water filled excise ball) Carry up stadium steps and back down stadium steps.
Wash Rinse and Repeat until you have completed 3 Cycles!
This full movement took around 36(ish mins to complete) You guys were doing some damage, the look of determination was present, no one was quitting, no one was giving up.
On Ur 6 (MARY):
LBC X50 on Mariah’s Count Followed by Lesson 1:
Flutter Kicks X25 on Bo’s count Followed by Lesson 2:
Freddy Mercury’s Xtomany on Grovetucky’s count Followed by Lesson 3:
Merkin’s until Failure: followed by Lesson 4 & 5
Squats X40(ish) on Crossgrains count Followed by Name o Rama, Circle of Trust, Lesson 6, and Ball of Man!
- Stay on Mission (focus, purpose): When we get distracted and caught up in our relationships, too much pleasure time, or just sidetracked by general day-to-day bullshit, we’re far more prone to bouts with anxiety and over-indulgence in our bad habits.
- Be Here (presence): Being present means immersing yourself completely in whatever it is that you’re currently doing. It means not worrying about the things you have to do later, and not over-analyzing events that have already passed. Be There (with family, kids, and job) Be Present
- Face it (confront your fears) : You have to push outside of your comfort zones, you have to be willing to face your fears head on and accept the results including failure, so fail fast, fail often… It will make you better!
- Own it (full responsibility) : Q: What is the giveaway trait of a weak man? A: His inability to take full responsibility! When you make excuses and pass the blame, all you’re doing is refusing to learn from your actions (your fears, your failures)… So Own it!
- Do Hard Things (lift more, run farther, DFQ) : Strive physically to display the strength and dominance that you aspire to embody both Mentally and Emotionally… The only way to do this is to do Physically Hard Things and DFQ!
- Be Humble : “Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall. It is better to be of a lowly spirit with the poor than to divide the spoil with the proud. Whoever gives thought to the word will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.” -Proverbs 16:18-20 ESV
It was beyond an honor to lead you men. I’ve come to admire and respect each of you as you push yourselves, better yourselves, and humble yourselves.
Don’t forget: One Load Only…. If you can’t do it… Train Harder 😉